Perl for searching and teaching!
Previous French Perl Workshops demonstrated the ability of
Perl to support major industrial and service projects.
We will of course continue to welcome presentations on this
topic, but this year, we want to broaden our view by putting
the emphasis on the abilities of the Perl language to support
research and teaching activities.
use Perl::For::Research ?
Researchers' requirements about computer languages meet
perfectly with Perl's characteristics:
- explore many "ways to do it" and prototype quickly,
- get access to a vast centralised repository of well
- publish results to the whole community without licensing
- convert a prototype into an industrial application without
rewriting, and always without licensing problems,
- easily integrate external libraries or legacy code.
We invite all researchers, engineers, developers who used
Perl in a research project to come and tell us about their
experience, to illustrate the convergence between sercah work
requirements and Perl strengths.
use Perl::For::Teaching ?
Perl is a simple, powerful and concise language, perfectly
usable in teaching situations. Its strenghts in this area
- very progressive learning curve: easy things are easy,
difficult things are possible,
- very large and freely accessible functional covering tanks
- fast evolution giving access to cutting edge advanced
techniques in many areas.
Any teaching experience with Perl will be welcome to enrich
our special Perl::For::Teaching session.